Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Arrival!!!

OKKK...so I am Here!!!...I made it!!! It was a long journey...my flight to Chicago was a measly 4 hours while my flight to New Delhi was around 15 and then once we parked the plane the gate could not line up so we sat in the plane for an extra 30 minutes...but whats 30 minutes when you have been on a plane for 15 hours...ya know? Anyhow we then went to a hostel for the night, traveled 6 hours to Jaipur in the morning , had a quick orientation and then met our family, moved into our room, ate dinner (not my favorite-est of meals) and talked to our VERY talkative mom...all while we were half awake and struggling to keep our eyes open. Our room is VERY nice and the program is very personal and relational which I love! We have yet to do much exploring because we have been trying to catch up with the time change. But anyhow we here safe and sound and trying to get used to the Indian way of life. I am sorry, but I do not have much time so I cant write anymore but hopefully in the future I will be able to tell you more. Please continue praying for safety and health. I love you all and I think about you often!! :)

4 comments:

Sruggles said...

You are fabulous! I'm glad you have made it safely and I hope that it doesn't take you too long to get used to the time change! Love you and good luck starting your class!

p.s. I have checked this every day about 10 times a day since I saw you on Friday night before you left...haha. You are missed!

esmith said...

hahahaha i have too suzanne! except probably more since i'm always bored at work. oh yeah love you renee! haha

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are safe! Any good yogurt there or is it only mushy veggies? Glad you survived the 15 hour flight, did you have an emergency exit row? Have a great day. By the way how far ahead of us are you.

Anonymous said...

Hello there hope all is good with you.